Honey Garlic Salmon
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 10 min Total time: 15 minServes: 2 Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar (or sub other vinegar except balsamic)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (6oz / 200g each)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Finely sliced shallots/scallions
1. Whisk together the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Pat salmon skin dry with a paper towel (skin only, not flesh) and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle oil in a fry pan and heat over high heat. Place salmon in the pan, skin side down, then immediately turn the heat down to medium.
4. Press down gently with a spatula so the skin cooks evenly. Cook for 5 minutes until the middle is still coral ( if you want rare), or until the middle is just starting to change from translucent (if you want medium). Check the side of the salmon to tell how cooked through the middle is. (You can use a thermometer if you want. Insert it into the thickest part - it should be 120F / 50C for medium rare or 130F / 55C for medium.)
5. Just before flipping, spread 1 tbsp of Sauce on the flesh of each fillet.
6. Flip and cook the other side just for 1 minute. Remove immediately from the fry pan and allow to rest (skin side up) for 3 minutes. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and shallots, if using, with the remaining Sauce on the side.